Thursday, February 7, 2008

I've decided on some finality

Y'all know that I've got two kids. Two fabulous kids that I adore.

Y'all also know that the Hubs and I didn't have to try very hard to have our kids.

Because we've VERY fertile as a couple, I've had to be conscious of my cycle the entire time we've been together. When it was just the two of us, it was very easy to remember my pill. Once I had my daughter it was more difficult to remember. Having my son made it even more difficult.

I cannot handle another child. I know me and I know I can't handle it. Some ladies can, but I can't. When I forget my pill even once, I get all anxious about the possibility of getting pregnant. I have that nagging feeling until I get my next period. It's true. I can't shake it.

So now? I have decided to take the plunge. At the end of this month, I am going to have a procedure done so that I no longer will need to feel anxious. It'll be the end of me being fertile.

Yes. I know that the Hubs could have a vasectomy. His father had it done. His maternal uncle had it done. His paternal uncle had it done. But the Hubs does NOT want to even think about it. He's such a chicken! It's crazy. I'm the one who got pregnant twice and had two cesareans. All I wanted him to do is get a little snip-snip and feel uncomfortable for a couple days.

But I've made the decision and I'm all scheduled. I'm taking the responsibility. I have to.

So for those of you who are finished having kids, did you or your spouse get "fixed"?

No comments: