Thursday, February 14, 2008

Need a babysitter

I need to find an "every now and again" person who can babysit for me.

I've never had to find one. Both kids were in "school" full-time so I could fit in any appointments during the time they were gone.

Folks, I've got my surgery coming up and turns out I need to take some tests the day before. I need to get some blood drawn, a chest x-ray, and an EKG run. I cannot bring the Bear with me. So I have to figure out WHO can watch him for 2 1/2 - 3 hours.

I also have an optometry appointment scheduled next week. Now I feel comfortable with the Bear being in the room with me. He can play quietly on his Leapster. He'd even be willing to stay in the waiting room.

What am I going to do? I am going to send an email out to two of my neighbors. I know one guy will be home on that Monday I'm having the tests performed. My one other neighbor stays at home now but I'm not sure about her class (she's going back to school) schedule. Then I also am going to call the Bear's daycare/preschool to find out if they can watch him for that one morning. I have no family in town so I can't just drop the Bear off anywhere.

You stay-at-home parents know the dilemma I'm in. Now where did YOU find your "someone" to watch your child (or children) when you can't bring them?

No comments: