Monday, February 25, 2008

Singing & dancing

Both my kids LOVE watching High School Musical 1 and 2. They LOVE it!

Actually, let me clarify that one. In my own opinion, they seem to be more enamored with the 2nd movie than the first. Why? I don't really know. Is there more dancing and singing in the 2nd one? Again, I don't know. You see, Santa gave the kids the two DVDs this past holiday season. The kids don't watch the movies every day (like they initially did) -- only about once a week now.

I didn't realize HOW much in love the kids were with the music until I saw their reaction to a birthday card the Bear received from one of his friends. It was one of those cards that when opened up had one of the songs from the first movie. The Bear has WORN THAT CARD OUT by opening up so many times. Every time he'd open it up, the kids would both SING at the top of their lungs and dance a little jig. The Bear carted that card around the house for WEEKS!

Needless to say, I've acknowledged their love of the singing and dancing in the movie. And that being said, I broke down in Target 2 weeks ago and bought the CD to the 2nd movie. And now? When the two are playing and on the verge of getting on each other's nerves on the weekend, I have found a solution. Turn on the CD! In less than 10 seconds, the two are dancing and "singing" the songs all over the second floor. They turn in happy children once again.

The Hubs hasn't yet experienced the POWER of that CD yet, but I'm sure he will. I've just got to give it some time. I guess I have to leave the kids with him for more than a couple hours...hmmm.....when can I do that?

What turns your children from an unruly bunch to cheerful crowd?

No comments: