Sunday, February 24, 2008

Living in my own vortex

I just found out that Jennifer Lopez had her twins.

I just found out that Angelina Jolie is pregnant. With TWINS!

I just found out that Matthew McConaughey's girlfriend is also pregnant.

Gad-zuuks! Pregnancies all around!

I feel like I've been in a bubble. My own family vortex. What's funny is that I've been out and about since Thursday. The ONLY reason I found out about these two ladies I mention above is that we were getting the Hubs and the Princess haircuts and I was reading those tabloid magazines. It's amazing to me how much miscellaneous information is in those magazines. Tidbits about this person and that. I find it funny that I don't even know half the folks in the magazines. I guess I don't watch enough television. Or I just don't watch all the "popular" shows.

Anyway, I'm happy that Angelina is pregnant. Am I the only one? I think she's a nice gal. She had her wild time. And now she's a Mom. I know there are a bunch of people who don't like her because of the Brad-Jennifer break-up, but at least Angelina isn't living her life just for herself. She's trying to make other people's lives better. Of course, the Hubs isn't a fan of Angelina. Why? Because she's got big feet. Huh? Yes. That's his reason. Seriously!

On the celebrity front, are you planning on watching the Oscars tonight? Since the Hubs and I no longer actively watch recent releases at the theater, then we no longer watch the Oscars. I mean, we don't "get" the inside jokes. As we haven't watched the movies yet, then we don't want to have the storylines ruined for us when we EVENTUALLY do get around to renting the DVD of a movie that catches our eye. I'll only see the highlights of the Oscars to see what outfits everyone wore. Do you actually watch the entire awards show? Wow!

But like I mentioned earlier, we've been rocking family time this weekend. Just stuff. Nothing major. We visited our local home improvement store and purchased about 10 flowering plants. We then took a couple hours outside and all planted and pulled weeds in the front yard. The Bear is fabulous at pulling weeds. He's got some strong fingers, so he can pull all those baby weeds with no problem. Of course, the kids took breaks and either rode up and down the street on their scooters or just RAN up the hill and back. They also pretended to "feed" their horses (those horse on a stick things) some tiny yellow flowers from this one huge bush in our yard. And between yesterday and today? We've played outside with the kids about 5 hours. Whew! Right now? The Hubs is grilling dinner and the kids are in the backyard running around burning the last of their pent up energy. It's not like we weren't outside for 2 hours this morning. Kids! SO MUCH ENERGY!

How was YOUR weekend? Did you relax? Did you get a nap? Do some spring cleaning? Or did you have to work (sorry if you did have to do this option)?

No comments: