Saturday, February 23, 2008

Spring cleaning

It's February and it's time.....to get some big cleaning done. If you're house is squeaking clean already, then kudos to you. But if you're like me and do your own cleaning and are behind? It's time to do some cleaning from top to bottom!

I've got to get the curtains upstairs down and washed up (yes...I got the washable kind). I've got to dust those darn planter shelves that we've got. Vacuum under every dresser and bed. Yes...lots to do.

What's great about spring cleaning? Is finding all those hidden gems that I've forgotten about. Or those items that are hanging out in the house collecting dust. These items...these items...what to DO with these items? Any clues? That's right. SELL THEM!

Thankfully, our latest community HOA newsletter informed me that they're going to have a community garage sale. A spring cleaning garage sale. It's already scheduled for next Saturday, March 1. They've already even advertised it in the paper. All I need to do is collect everything I want to sell and get it outside. Woohoo!

I've already started getting everything collected. I've taken apart the toddler bed that we've had in the master bedroom. That'll go along with the cherry crib we've already got disassembled upstairs. I'll bring both those frames down tomorrow. There's the blow-up travel mattress that the Princess used when the Bear was first born. She'd sleep in our room when he was a baby and still nursing. There's a bunch of kid clothes that no longer fit the kids. The other day I found our old jog stroller in the garage covered in dust. I already brushed off, wiped it down, and washed the cover -- so it's all ready to go. There are some toys that the kids no longer use -- like the sit-n-spin and a tricycle.

Now check me on some of the prices I'm thinking of...Each article of clothing for $0.50. A brand new pair of size 10 boys shoes (with tags still on it) for $2. The cribs for $50. Jog stroller for $40. A treadmill for $50. Sound good? Or too much? I have no idea....HELP!

But have YOU started doing your spring cleaning? If not, then when? And do you have an annual garage sale? Does your neighborhood organize one?

No comments: