Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Job? What job?

I couldn't help looking y'all. Even though the Hubs said I should just wait until August to find a job when the Bear enters kindergarten. I HAD to look for something.

When I was searching I did have a couple stipulations for my ideal next job:

  • Part-time -- from 10 to 30 hours per week (weekdays and weekends)
  • Virtual -- meaning I would work from home

I have had a couple phone interviews. In mid-February, there was a job that I had a couple training sessions with a gentleman who needed an appointment setter. But the last session we were supposed to have, he cancelled it and then he sent me an email saying that he had to put off hiring me because he was changing the office that processes his paperwork. WHATEVER!

TODAY, I had a face-to-face interview with a lady who had a part-time assistant job about a mile from my house. But after talking to her and all that I figured that one wouldn't work out. She really wants someone IN the office when she's not there. And I wouldn't be able to bring the Bear in there (or the Princess when she's on vacation). So...that opportunity is off the list.

Back in mid-February, I sent my resume out to a company located back east. Someone contacted me and I thought it was a good phone interview. They asked for a reference. That was that. I hadn't heard from them in over a week, so I figured they'd hired someone else. But guess what? I got a call today and they're hiring me! ME! [doing an back flip in my mind] I'm head over heels. Get this....it's virtual AND it's for 25 hours per week. How ideal is that? What's even better is that I can work in the early morning or late night or the weekends to get the work done. Can I hear a halleluia? HALLELUIA!

I seriously hope this one works out. My last at-home job didn't, which was a start-up run by a husband-wife team. Personal health issues got in the way and the husband-wife team couldn't continue the business. LIFE happened. This new place has been around for over 3 years, so it's got some longevity in this day and age of thousands of start-ups.

Once August roles around and the Bear is in school, then I'll see if this job can turn into a full-time gig. By that time, the people there will know my abilities and I'll see if there are other avenues that I can venture into to get full-time pay. But I'm just happy as a clam that I've got a new part-time job that'll get me from now through the summer without having to dig into my savings. It'll be something that'll pay for all the kids stuff -- clothes, school supplies, toys, and summer classes. And with the flexibility of this job? I'll still be able to spend the quality time with the Bear at home -- just like I've been doing for the last several weeks. YEAH!

Cross your fingers and toes for me people! Mama's gonna be bringing home some bacon!

No comments: