Tuesday, March 4, 2008

It's a MOVIE meme [additional quotes]

Here's something that I saw on Say La Fee

Here are the Rules I followed:

1. Pick 10 of your favorite movies.
2. Go to IMDB and find a quote from each movie.
3. Post them here for everyone to guess.
4. Strike it out when someone guesses correctly, and put who guessed it and the name of the movie.
5. GUESSERS: NO GOOGLING or using IMDB search functions.
6. One movie guess per blogger. Give other readers a chance.

******************

Come on! Guess! Guess! Guess!

1. Quote 1: "Screw'm! Screw'm all! Screw the gov'm't!"
Quote 2: "I followed all of the rules, man's and God's. And you, you followed none of them. And they all loved you more. Samuel, Father, and my....even my wife."

2. Quote 1: "I'm from Buenos Aires, and I say kill'em all!"
Quote 2: "Shoot a nuke down a bug hole, you got a lot of dead bugs."

3. "Nancy, she works in a dress shop...and she makes sounds like a chipmunk when she gets really excited." ---> Julie at Pragmatic Compendium got this one -- GROUNDHOG DAY!

4. Quote 1: "You girl scouts want to hear a story. Once upon a time there was a magical place that never rained...The end."
Quote 2: "I'm tired of this, Grandpa..." "Well, that's too damn bad! You keep digging!" "Well, excuse me."

5. Quote 1: "I don't understand, where does all this come from? How do you get funding for something like this?" "You don't actually think they spend $20,000.00 on a hammer, $30,000.00 on a toilet seat, do you?"
Quote 2: "I ain't heard no fat lady!" "Forget the fat lady. You're obsessed with the fat lady. Just get us out of here!"

6. Quote 1: "What the hell is happening?" "I blew up the building." "Why?" "Because you made a phone call."
Quote 2: "Please let me follow the nanny. She doesn't shave her legs. Women like that are so....HOT."

7. Quote 1: "Matty! It's Thriller!"
Quote 2: "Becky, can I ask you something?" "Yeah, sure." "Can you tell I'm wearing underwear, cos I totally am." "I think that's kinda the point!"

8. Quote 1: "It's all for nothing if you don't have freedom."
Quote 2: "The king desires peace." "Longshanks desires peace?" "He declares it to me, I swear it..."

9. Quote 1: "Today I saw a slave become more powerful than the Emperor of Rome."
Quote 2: "My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdreed wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next."

10. Quote 1: "Aim small, miss small."
Quote 2: "Kill me before the war is over, will you? It appears that you are not the better man." "You're right. My sons were better men."

No comments: