Monday, March 3, 2008

New eyeballs!

Y'all, it feels like I've got new eyeballs.

I went and got my contacts cleaned this morning. I wear gas permeable lenses. Hard contacts for you all with 20/20 vision. So I place a hard piece of 'plastic' into each eye every morning. Yes. I do! I've been doing this for over 20 years.

Anyway, the gas permeable lenses are the 'best' thing for my vision. I'm VERY near-sighted (-11.75 remember?) and I also have astigmatism. Wearing soft lenses doesn't provide the sharpness that I need to see. Also, there is a much smaller chance that I'll get any eye infections as nothing can really grow on these hard things.

The only thing is, there is a chance that protein deposits will develop on the lenses after a couple years. Even doing the weekly deep protein cleaning doesn't get the stuff off. I was at that point. The protein that was stuck on my lenses were STUCK.

But this morning, I went to a special place and got these puppies clean. It took less than 5 minutes. And when I put the lenses back into my eyes? AHHHH.....it felt like the clouds parted. It felt like nothing in my eyes. It was astounding. It felt brand new lenses. I am much relieved and my eyeballs are happy as clams. I now have clean lenses and have got my new ones coming sometime this week. Miraculous. I'm giddy with delight.

No comments: