Sunday, March 2, 2008

He's in total denial

On the weekends, we like the Bear to take at least one nap. If he doesn't take at least one, he is a cranky monster. Lack of enough sleep does that to a kid. It's simple.

Inevitably, I am the one who has to lie down with the Bear. When he lays with the Hubs, the Bear just ends up getting too upset. He ends up feeling like he's being punished. So on either Saturday or Sunday after lunch, I try to get the Bear to go down.

Me: Bear? Can you come to Mommy's room?
Bear: Why?
Me: Because Mommy is SO tired. I need you to help me relax so I can sleep really good.

Most times he does protest for a few minutes. I make sure he goes to the toilet one last time. Then we climb onto the big bed and put a light blanket over us. I roll away from him (so my back is to him). He then rolls towards me and starts to twirl my hair. I've told him that the twirling relaxes me and helps me fall asleep. He SO believes me.

I usually stay awake to make sure that he's fallen asleep. Then I doze off. Normally, I wake up an hour later. I then wake him up by rolling over in an obnoxious manner and face him. He'll wake up and look at me.

Me: Thank you for helping Mommy take a good nap.
Bear:
You're welcome.
Me: Did you fall asleep at all?
Bear: No.

Folks, he ALWAYS falls asleep. And he always denies that he fell asleep. But he's always happy as a clam that he's helped ME take a good nap so I feel better. Isn't he the best?

No comments: