Saturday, March 1, 2008

Lightening the load & some fun

I had the garage sale this morning. I sold the BIG things in no time flat. The two cribs/toddler beds. The treadmill. A stereo with speakers. I'm happy about that. I scheduled myself to be outside from 7am - 9am. That was it. Anything that I hadn't sold by that time? I loaded it into the back of my car at 9am and drove it immediately to the Goodwill drop-off center about 3 miles away from our house. Just like that....a BUNCH of stuff gone. I probably could get rid of more things, but what I did release back into the world is enough for now. What's super crazy is that the people who bought the cribs FORGOT the siderails for one of the cribs. FORGOT the pieces that hold up the bottom board, which holds the mattress! The siderails were sitting right along with the rest of the pieces and they plum forgot to pick up the rails. Amazing! I'm just going to leave the siderails out next to our front door, in case they do realize they forgot those pieces and remember where they bought the cribs.

At 10am, the Bear had his first official playdate. One of his buddies from his old preschool came over. His Mom and younger sister also came along. It was the boys' first playdate, so I was pretty sure his Mom would want to stay. The Hubs was VERY surprised she stayed. I had to explain to him that she didn't know us, so I pretty much expected her to stay. She's never been to our home. We'd only met face-to-face once too. So I'm sure she was checking out the house. Checking out how I handled the boys -- if I let them get out of hand or whatever. This young boy's sister started acting up about 45 minutes into the playdate. I felt good that the Mom was comfortable enough by that time to tell me that she'd be leaving with her daughter for a little bit and coming back to pick up her son an hour later. She wanted to get her daughter fed and laid down for a bit, as she was acting tired as tired can be. I did ask her if she was okay with me feeding her son a peanut butter & jelly sandwich. I wanted to feed the little guy before he left as his sister and Mom were going to eat before they came back. This way, his Mom wouldn't have to make him a totally separate meal once they got home. Anyway, it was really nice having the little guy over. I think his Mom is more comfortable with us. I told her that she should just give us a call whenever they're free and we'd meet up at the park or at one of our houses. She concurred that it would be a good idea. I'm real glad that she felt relaxed with me and relaxed in our home. I want her to feel comfy. I mean, she's had enough turmoil in her life this last year (she just got divorced). I want her to know that her son has a buddy whose family doesn't mind having him over.

The kids are now out front with the Hubs running around up and down the street. I'm finally sitting down relaxing. The Hubs thinks I should take a nap since I didn't sleep in this morning (as I had to get the garage sale stuff out). A nap now would totally mess me up though when I go to sleep tonight. I'm sure I'd be laying there for hours in the dark. HATE when that happens!

So it's 2pm....how has YOUR day been?

No comments: