Thursday, March 27, 2008

Making Mommy Laugh

The Bear makes me laugh. I think he's the most adorable little thing in the world. Spending time with him has been a blast. Here are some recent things that have happened in our life:

***************

I pulled on the Bear's underpants and accidentally snapped the band onto his waist.

Mommy! You smacked me like a cowboy!

***************

The Bear is fascinated with motorcycles. He points them out to me every time he sees one. Since he IS in love with these things, I made a point of discussing how to make motorcycles more safe. Wearing a helmet is our prime example of a safety measure.

Mommy! Look! He's on RED light!

You parents who have kids in daycare or in school probably know about the light system. Green lights mean the child is behaving well. Yellow lights mean the child was naughty. Red lights mean the child was WAY naughty. I recently had a discussion with the Bear that kids usually are on a light system. Adults don't use the light system.

We passed by someone on a motorcycle recently and the Bear saw him.

Mommy! Look! He made a BAD DA-SI-SHUN!

Oh....that just cracked me up. A bad decision.

***************

The Bear and I went to the park for about an hour this morning. He didn't want to go at first. He was tired and wanted to go home. Did you catch that? He woke up tired! Anyway, I basically had to tell him that we'd just stay at the park for 20 minutes or so. He conceded.

We got to the park and he had the BEST time! We were the only ones there (at 8:15am). So he had the entire place to himself. He went up the "down" slide. I helped him do the bars. He ran all the way across the park to the fence three times. He "talked" on the playground phone to each other.

He also took the time to walk the fence around the horseshoe area. And during his walk around? He was doing a shimmy-shimmy-shake dance thing as he went. It was TOO funny. It reminded me of Michael Jackson with the finger pointing in the air with his butt sticking out to the side. Oh my word! And my son? He went around the fence twice. Shimmy-shimmy-shake-shake...

***************

Mom. I'm tired.
Okay. So let's take me-me's when we get home.
No...
Why not?
I'm not sleepy.

What? He's tired but he's not sleepy? He just doesn't want to take a nap.

****************

No comments: