Sunday, March 30, 2008

Searching for a new baby

No. I'm not talking about adoption.

No. I'm not talking about a REAL baby.

I'm looking for a new laptop. I need to get a new one because the one I'm using is slowly dying. The fan has been turning on more often. I just have a feeling that this one is on a downward spiral. I'd like to get a new one before this one konks out completely. I'm sure there are more than a handful of you that have experienced a laptop that just dies unexpectedly. What a mess that is, eh?

Now I'm searching and trying to figure out what kind to get. I don't need anything fancy. I currently have 256MB RAM with a 28GB hard-drive. I want to have at least 1GB RAM with a 80GB hard-drive and a 15.4" screen. That's a step-up from what I've got now.

Also, any issues that you've had with Vista? Should I stick with Windows XP? Since I work at home, I don't get to talk a bunch with others about their operating systems so that's why I'm asking this question.

So PLEASE give me the manufacturer (Gateway, HP, Acer, Dell, Toshiba, etc.), make, model, specs, or any other info on your recommendation.

THANKS!

No comments: