Tuesday, April 8, 2008

The little fishies are growing

Today I received written swim evaluations for both the kidlings. And guess what? BOTH of the kids are being recommended to go up to the next level. I can't believe that about 2 months ago they both started at the bottom of the barrel. At tadpoles. They had no swim skills whatsoever. The first session was interesting.

The second session, which we're currently in, the kids are pollywogs. It's a four week session with classes two times a week. And Thursday is the last day.

I was told during sign-up that the kids would probably stay at the pollywog level for three sessions. That's how long kids normally take to get to the next level. You should have FELT the shock in my heart when both the kids instructors (they are in different classes even they are at the same swim level) recommended that the kids move up a level for the next session.

I would have NEVER guessed that the kids would move through the levels this quickly. I really credit their improvement to the patience of the instructors. I mean, the Princess would NEVER have put her face into the water voluntarily. But now? She does -- since she's already working on her "big arms" also known as the freestyle. Today, the Bear started working on the freestyle with his instructor.

Anyway...this proud Mommy had to tell you all. Couldn't help but pump up the kids progress. Now that the kids are getting more comfortable in the water...I'm sure this summer will be a whole lot more fun!

No comments: