Sunday, April 6, 2008

Off the wagon...and back on again

I'm fickle. I know I am. I start things and (when it comes to certain things) I drop off.

The KEY item that I can't seem to keep consistent?

WORKING OUT!

I have been "off the wagon" for a couple months now. Yes. That is the reason why I haven't talked about any improvements in a while. ARGH! It's like a monkey on my back. I want to do it but I get distracted. Once I get injured/hurt then I can't back into it.

I know that I need to make the time for myself. MAKE THE TIME! But that is still such a difficult task for me. I put the kids, the Hubs and work ahead of those handful of hours for myself. What I need to do is keep in my mind that it's not hour just for myself. That it's an investment for the Hubs and the kids as well. I'll be stronger and have more stamina. I know I will after my body gets over the hump of getting used to being challenged.

I am so frustrated with myself. SO frustrated. I should have been at my target already if I'd stayed on track in October. I mean, I don't have much to do. I only want to lose maybe 10 pound at a max. But those 10 pounds? They have been my Achilles heel. Outsiders can look at me and say that I look fit. With clothes on I look okay. I cover up really well.

But when I'm standing there in the bathroom before or after my shower? Ugh. The jiggle in my tummy? The circumference of my thighs? The fullness in my face? Yuck-yuck-yuck! Thankfully, it's just the Hubs that sees this part of me. But poor guy...he has to see me like this. A big comparison from when we first met. But I was single and all I did was work and work out. I was at the gym 4 times a week for 2 hours each time. I was able to do an aerobics class and then ride for an hour with no problems. Now? I can't possibly do all that.

So.....I'm going to TRY to start a routine starting tomorrow. Tomorrow. I'll try to work out at least 3 times a week. That's all I can do right?

No comments: