Thursday, May 1, 2008

Back in the groove of things

The kids are back into their swim lessons two times a week. There was a weeklong break last week.

Tuesday was the first day of the new session. The kiddos are in the same class this time around. They've got a new instructor. I wasn't sure about how the two of them would do back in the same class again. But they did fine. Their new instructor had a positive evaluation about both of them after class.

R: So both of them have been in the Goldfish class before, right?
Me: No. Actually, they were just in the Pollywog session last time. The Bear had J. The Princess had J2 & S.
R: Oh really? Pollywogs?
Me: Yes. The Princess had a ton of individual work with J2 and S.
R: I could really tell. She swam with big arms like she's done it for a while. And the Bear looked like he'd done it as well.
Me: Yes. J worked with the Bear the last two classes on introducing that skill.
R: Well I think both of them are going to do great.

So it all looks good. We were able to get a 3:30-4pm class this time around. This time I won't be rushing home with the end-of-day traffic like I've had to do the last two sessions. I'd always be stressing out on that drive home because it could take from 15 - 30 minutes to get home. And I still had to throw dinner together. Thoroughly frustrating when I was tired. Driving home at 4pm is definitely a MUCH easier commute. Whew!

And guess what I did today? Had my 6-month dental cleaning. And I brought the Bear with me. He sat in the front and played with his Leapster. And the people in the office? They totally forgot he was up there because he was so quiet.

Hygienist: He's so QUIET! I have GOT to find something for him.
Me: No. You don't need to give him anything.
Hygienist: Oh yes I do. Compared to some kids we see? Yes. I'm finding him something.

It was too funny. She gave him a toothbrush and he was SO ecstatic! It was a Heffalump tooth brush. Too cute. I guess I have to remember that there are kids who are way more loud and disagreeable than mine. It's about my prospective and all. I have to check myself before I react. Yup. Check myself...

Ahh! It's 2:30pm! I've got to get the kids swim stuff in the bag and head out in a few minutes to pick up the Princess. Like I said...we're back into the groove of things...

No comments: