Saturday, May 17, 2008

Getting set for summer

Y'all know that I've got the kidlings summer schedule pretty much set. It's not a rigid schedule. It's just activities/classes through the summer to keep them from getting too bored about being home. We have "off" times where we can get together with friends, go to the movies, or just hang out playing.

What I did do yesterday was start getting them ready for summer. I went and purchased a BUNCH of summer clothes. Actually, I should clarify that and say I purchased their summer jammies! Yes. Their summer jams. The Prin and the Bear both have been wearing fleece jammies all winter. The Bear normally wears a footless one-piece zip-up and the Prin normally wears a long-sleeve gown. I bought the Bear short-sleeve shorts jammies and the Prin shortsleeve gowns that should last the entire summer.

I also ended up buying the Bear more shorts and t-shirts. He seriously sweats a bunch so he needs more than his sister. Also, she likes to wear either shorts and a t-shirt or a dress -- depends on where and what she's going to do for the day. I still need to pick up some dresses for the Prin too. Today, I picked up her long velour leggings from the seamstress -- she cut them off and made them into bike shorts. The leggings are SO soft that I'm glad she's going to be able to continue to wear them. I wish I had leggings like them! Of course, I already have their swim stuff since they've been in lessons since....February [YES. FEBRUARY!]

It's supposed to get up to the 100's sometime this coming week. ONE HUNDRED! This morning driving the Prin to school it was already 73. Nice. It's been nice.

No comments: