Monday, May 12, 2008

Hoping to find a new opportunity

The Princess is practically finished with second grade. Next Tuesday is her last day in the classroom. On Wednesday, the school will attend their annual pool party at one of the local park pools. Parents have a choice of letting their kids attend or not.

And now that the the Prin school year is coming to a close, the Hubs is actively looking for a new job. In the city where my parents live. Yes. Seriously. He's willing to move. Over 300 miles away.

He's been sending his resume out for just a couple weeks now. There's one place that's called him but he hasn't spoken to them directly yet. We're hopeful that he'll find something in the next couple of months.

I mean now is the ideal time for him to find a new job. There won't be any school until August for the kids. So we'll be pretty free to move. I mean, my two part-time jobs are from home. LOVE THE INTERNET! So I'm not tied to any location. Just as long as I've got a reliable high-speed internet connection then I can get my work done.

So the first obstacle is the job search. We want the Hubs to have a job BEFORE we move. Anyone know a company looking for a Financial Analyst? Anyone? Anyone?

I may keep both of my part-time jobs but then again I may be "forced" to find a job outside the house. My current part-time jobs pay me part-time pay. A lot less monthly income than what I received from my full-time work-from-home job. It all really depends on what the Hubs finds. But I've been a senior accountant, a general accountant, a technical recruiter, and a project manager for acctg software installs -- lots of Excel, Word, Oracle AP & GL experience as well. I've digressed into too many details...sorry.

The next stepping stone would be us selling this house. Our beautiful house. We've lived here over 3 years and we love the place. We love our neighborhood. We love our neighbors. I'll miss this house if and when we ever move. I think someone will fall in love with house once we put it on the market. And yet I'm still nervous at the potential of putting the house on the market in this day and age. In the current state of the housing market. It just makes me nervous. Wouldn't YOU be nervous to put your house on the market now? Argh!

But it would be so cool if the Hubs was offered a job in the next couple of weeks. We'd put our house on the market [nervous laugh] and we'd try to live with my folks for free for a little bit. Then we'd rent a small place. After about a year we'll look into buying a place. We don't want to be forced to buy something right off the bat. I hate being pressured about that. I want to look in a leisurely manner. As leisurely as we can. I adore looking at houses. I enjoy trying to picture how a place will work for us. Try to imagine how we'd change things. Yes. I find that fun.

But that's the big plan right now. Do you have any big summer plans?

No comments: