Wednesday, May 7, 2008

It made me feel young

We ventured out as a family to go grocery shopping on Sunday morning.

The Hubs was pushing the cart with the kids hanging on the sides about 100 feet ahead of me. I had lagged behind to check out some label information. We were at the back part of the store walking along the length of the back towards the cold section.

It was a slow Sunday morning, so I just grabbed whatever comfy clothes were handy and put on some tinted moisturizer and lipgloss. Off we went!

As I walked casually along to catch up with the Hubs and kids I passed by a couple of boys. Must of been teenagers. Probably seniors in high school by the size of them.

First boy: Did you see that girl?
Second boy: Yeah. Why?
First boy: She was wearing that ASU shirt. Can you believe it? Here!
Second boy: She was?

I was out of earshot so I couldn't hear the rest of the conversation. But y'all? They were talking about me. ME! The one kid called me a girl. A GIRL! HA! If he only knew how old I was. WAY over the legal drinking age. But I seriously found that with that one sentence, I was young once more. Not a Mom. Not a wife. A girl...

No comments: