Friday, May 23, 2008

Okay...I've been outed

I couldn't help it. I told my sisters that the Hubs and I are actively looking for jobs in town. They were both surprised but are happy about the possibility of us moving out there. When they heard the fast-track plans, they were ecstatic. Fast-track? Yes. Our fast-track plan to move out there before September. ARHHH!!

What's funny is that both my sisters are looking for places for us to move into. My older sister lives up in the north part of the city. My younger sister lives about 40 minutes south and closer to mid-town. If we live close to my older sister, then we can have my kids go to the same school as her kids. If we live close to my younger sister, then she and her hubby and my folks could help out with the kids. My parents live about 15 minutes from my younger sister. When we move, both the Hubs and I will have to work full-time to be able to rent/buy a house. We'll definitely need some help with the kids before/after school.

My sisters have promised that won't talk to my Mom about this. I'm planning on letting her in on the plan sometime this weekend. This way she can decide if she wants to actually retire or not. She's over 65 and she's still working. Yes. She's STILL working. Workaholic? Yeah. She is. I also think she doesn't want to stay home with my Dad all day long. He can be a bit irritating. Okay. He can be VERY irritating and demanding. If we and the kids were out there, then she'd be able to get out to our house and spend time with the kids. It'll give her someplace to get out to every weekday.

But nothing is set in stone. We haven't received any job offers. But now I feel better that my sisters know. It felt good to get them in on the plan. Sisters...mine are the BEST!

No comments: