Wednesday, May 14, 2008

She saves it all for me

Today was the Princess' LONG day at school. She stayed for the "afterschool" program. It's only one more hour at school. Not a big deal. But she enjoys it. She's able to kid around with her friends and do other stuff.

I went to the room to get her. I peeked in and she immediately glanced at the door. Her eyes lighted up. She gave a quick wave to her teacher and she danced out of the room. I got the biggest hug ever. We walked over to her classroom so she could grab her backpack.

Me: How was your day honey?
Prin: Good.
Me: Anything interesting?
Prin: Naw. Just the normal routine.

She went into her classroom, grabbed her backpack, and threw it on.

Prin: So, do you have snacks in the car?
Me: No. I don't.

Her demeanor immediately changed. A dark cloud descended upon her. Like lickety-split.

Prin:What? NO snacks?
Me: You still need a snack? We're eating dinner in an hour.
Prin:But I'm SO hungry!
Me: Didn't you pack an adequate afternoon snack?
[silence]

Me:
I told you this morning that you were hot lunch and that you needed to pack your snacks. It's not my fault you didn't pack enough. You know how hungry you get.

For the entire ride home she sat with her arms crossed.

Geez louise! She was all sweetness and light one minute and a frowny mess the next. Oh....I can't WAIT until she's a teenager!

No comments: