Thursday, May 15, 2008

For the good of us all

Dear Lady with the rusted out white sedan:

I know you need to get to your destination. But please. Watch where you're going.

It's one thing to make a WIDE right turn. Basically taking up half the other lane, which has oncoming traffic (aka me). I could see you struggling to make that turn ever so slowly like you didn't have any automatic steering on that tub you call a vehicle. Seeing you, I easily avoided you.

To actually make the turn without swerving into my lane you might have removed the cigarette crooked in between your clawlike fingers of your left hand. Yes. Using the full force of that left hand WOULD have helped you navigate your vehicle more effectively. No doubt.

I had no choice in my next move. I had to stop at the intersection where you turned. I had a STOP sign. So you making that left-hand turn into the aisle right behind me was NOT the best choice. Like I said before. I know you had to get to your destination.

As I checked ahead of me to see if it was clear, I happened to glance at my rearview mirror. You'd made your left-hand turn behind me. And there you were. Stuck. With your right wheel against the curb of the planter. It was not a successful or complete turn into the aisle. You were stuck blocking both lanes of traffic. Because you HAD to make it to your destination.

The last thing I saw in my rear-view mirror was you obviously GUNNING your engine because your vehicle lurched up and over the curb. You actually got going. Hooray! So I can only assume you made it to your destination. With your cigarette securely clutched in your left hand. Yes. You made it Wal-Mart safe and sound.

Hope I never see you on the road again.

Grace

No comments: