Saturday, June 7, 2008

Another friendly tiff

My daughter had a playdate this afternoon. It's one of our neighborhood girls. The girl who had her late birthday party last week.

The girls played nicely together. There was a bit of destruction. My daughter's closet door is off the bottom track. Apparently, my son pushed the girl and she landed on the closet door. My son does not normally push his sister, so this was an unusual event. The girl left our refrigerator door open after she grabbed a yogurt for a snack. It was WIDE open. Then there was the going home. Neither girl seemed happy. The Princess didn't want to want her friend back to her house, which I thought was odd. So...I KNEW that something had happened.When I got back home I found the answer to the tension. Apparently, this girl said "Your house is boring!"

My daughter started crying softly into my chest. She felt horrible. She didn't know what to say or do. She was all befuddled with mixed up emotions. All the Princess wanted to do was spend time with her friend and have fun. How hard is that?

I just couldn't believe that girl was so rude. That she would say that to my daughter's face. That she would be so insensitive. She's played at our house more than a dozen times. But it's the age I guess. When girls test their words and see how hurtful they can be. This incident? BREAKS the bonds between the girls pretty severely.

My daughter and I agree that this girl is NOT going to be invited to our house for a LONG time. Nope. I'm not going to have her over. No way. No how. She can invite the Prin over to her house. She made my daughter feel bad. And she was rude. And destructive.

Have YOU not allowed one of your children's friends over? Why? What happened?

No comments: