Thursday, June 5, 2008

Good times with my little guy

I surprised my little boy with another outing to the movies. Yes! Another movie date with Mommy!

He didn't know we were going to the movies and kind of law-le-gaggled when I told him we were going out on errands. But he perked up BIG time when we rolled into the theater parking lot.

Our local theater has free movies at 10am every weekday this summer. Yes. FREE. Every weekday. Monday. Tuesday. Wednesday. Thursday. Friday!!!! Each week has a different movie. Woohoo! Actually, the movie is free for the kids. It costs $1.00 for each adult. Pretty good deal, eh?

This week's movie is 101 Dalmatians - the one with Glenn Close. I'd never seen it. The Bear hadn't either. When the Princess was little we rented the video and she didn't like it. Glenn Close scared her. So the Princess never finished watching the movie. She'll be seeing the movie tomorrow though. The Y Campers will be bussed over to the theater to watch the movie.

And since the Princess was scheduled to watch the movie tomorrow? I decided to bring the Bear today. This way they'll BOTH have seen it.

The Bear and I shared a lemonade and some popcorn. It was fun.

The only issue? The adults who can't seem to figure out WHEN they need to REMOVE their children from the theater. There was a lady who kept her crying child (about 3 years old) in the movie. The kid cried for at least 15 minutes. And the lady was in the row in front of us...but to the right about 5 seat away. But the kid was LOUD.

Bear: That baby is not being quiet Mom.
Me: I know Buddy.
Bear: Why is the Mommy not helping it?
Me: I don't know.

He was concerned about the kid. I just wanted that lady to carry the kid out so the rest of us could watch the movie! [sigh] But I didn't complain because it didn't cost us much to watch it.

No comments: