Thursday, June 19, 2008

Onward to the next level?

My sister's 3 kids are involved in a private track and field team. The private team allows all 3 kids to be involved in ONE activity all together. This is a BIG deal. I mean, they are 8, 10, and 14. They go to the same practices. They go to the same track meets.

This last weekend, the kids had a regular track meet. But it wasn't really a regular one. It was the meet where the team would determine which members would qualify to go to the next level. And WHAT is the next level? To go to the Junior Olympics. Big deal, eh? Members with a 4th place or higher finish would qualify to attend the Junior Olympics.

My 8-year-old nephew got an 8th place finish in the 100M, 10th place in the 200M and 6th place in the long jump.

My 9-year-old niece ended with an 7th place in the 100M and 6th place in the long jump.

My 14-year-old nephew got a 6th place in the 100M, a 2nd place in the javelin, and first place in the long jump and shot put.

YES!

My oldest nephew qualified for THREE EVENTS!

I am so excited for him. He is seriously a natural athlete. AND he's a nice young man. Right now he's attending a leadership conference. It's one of those "by invitation only" conferences too. An athlete. A nice guy. A good leader. AND he's smart too! He got all straight A's once more. Whew....tires me out just thinking what he'll become when he grows up.

Look out world! My nephew is going to make a HUGe impace in this world!

No comments: