Sunday, June 22, 2008

The sound that warms my heart

I already mentioned that I brought the kiddos to see Kung Fu Panda the other day.

It was SO much fun!

We went to the theater right after we picked up the Princess. The 4pm show. And what was great? There were only about 10 people in the theater with us. TEN. PEOPLE. Yes. It was very empty, but it was good. Why?

Oh my goodness. When there was a chase scene or fight scene? The Bear was kicking his feet in excitement. AND the two were laughing up a storm. Those genuine excited BELLY laughs? It was fantastic. Such glee in their laughter. Since there were so few people in the theater, I let the kids laugh as much as they wanted. It was too cute.

Unfortunately, right when the bad character was making his way back into the main city....the lights in the theater came on. Yes. The front lights went on with the film running and no sound. Then about a minute later, the movie went out and the emergency lights went on. Okay.... It turns out that the electricity went out in the building. The electricity was soon fixed and all but they couldn't rewind the film. So we missed a good 3 minutes.

The kids didn't care. But me? I wanted some sort of apology or fix. And what did I get? I got 3 vouchers to return to the theater to watch a movie for free. FREE!

I think I'll be taking the kids out to see WALL-E when it comes out. And I'll take them to an early show as well. Oh yeah! The Princess doesn't attend YMCA camp that week of July 4th. I'll take the kids then. Woohoo!

But don't you just LOVE when your kids do that full belly laugh? When was the last time you heard it?

No comments: