Friday, July 25, 2008

Getting ready...

...for school!

Yes. School starts of August 4th. That's in a little over a week. ARGH!

I've got backpacks and lunchboxes ordered and on the way from LandsEnd. I also have about 1/2 of the kids' school supplies purchased.

Glue Sticks? Check.

#2 Pencils? Check.

Colored pencils? Check.

3 different colored folders? Check.

Pencil boxes? Check.

Scissors? Check.

Dry erase markers? Check.

Crayons? Check.

There are a bunch of other things I need to get. But I'll get those items sometime soon. No need to rush. You know? I've got the main items that they'll each need for the first week. [sigh]

I am anxious for them to start school. And sad. My little guy is going to kindergarten! But I am looking forward to one drop-off point. One pick-up point. And I'll be home alone. All day. So I can concentrate on my work. Without feeling guilty about ignoring the kids. My mornings will be crazy busy getting them ready to school by 8am. I'm planning on having them at school by 7:40am each day -- this way I miss all the late people who drive in recklessly into the parking lot. But I know it'll be great for the kids to get back into a regular routine. Soon. Not soon enough and yet at the same time too soon.

No comments: