Sunday, July 27, 2008

They're home now...what'd they do...

As I mentioned before, the kids spent the weekend up at my ILs.

My SIL had a meeting in town and scheduled to come by around 10:30am to get the kids to drive them up to my ILs. Of course, she came late -- around 11am. She didn't bother to call to tell me about the delay either. [irritation #1]

When they got into town, the 3-some went to lunch and then went to my MILs office. She was still at work. And the kids hung out at my MILs office for about an hour. My MIL was supposed to take a half day, but ended up working until about 1pm. [irritation #2]

They headed to my ILs house where they hooked up with my FIL. They went to the theater and watched Wall-E and then went out to dinner. They got back to my ILs and watched the first half of E.T.

Saturday was greeted with a pancake breakfast. Then the pool. I guess they were in the pool for about 5 hours. And I found out that my MIL did not put any sunscreen on them. NONE. [irritation #3] Then they went back to my ILs and watched the second half of E.T.

This morning, the kids just played. Apparently, they didn't go into the pool at all. [irritation #4] I mean, the main reason they went up this weekend was to spend time with the ILs and relish in the pool that they didn't get to use their first visit. This was something that my MIL mentioned when she asked to have the kids this weekend. So they just spend one day out of THREE days in the pool. Only one!

And somehow this morning, the Bear had an accident. I guess he had a little #2 while he was eating breakfast. Gross, I know. But WHAT? The kid hasn't had an accident like that since he was learning how to use the toilet. But what I found in the kids' duffle bag was the Bear's wet jammies. I guess she only washed the jammies and didn't dry them and put them in a ziploc. HUH? [irritation #5] Like she didn't have time to throw them into the drier?

The Hubs left around 11am to drive up and pick up the kids. Yes. The Hubs drove UP to his parents house to get the kids. Like...WHY couldn't they drive the kids down themselves? Hmmm???? [irritation #6]

Did I mention to you that my BIL (the Hubs' younger brother who is the middle child) and his wife are expecting a baby in October? And next month, my MIL & SIL will be co-hosting a baby shower. A week ago, I found out from the Hubs that his Mom asked him to contribute to the shower. Fine. Right? But then I found out from my SIL that no guys are invited to the shower. Wait...what? First of all, the Hubs is not hosting the party. That would be my MIL and SIL. So aren't the hosts supposed to foot the bill? Second of all, there are no guys invited? That means the Hubs and the Bear aren't invited. So WHY THE HELL is my MIL asking my husband to contribute to the party? [irritation #7]

And you all wonder why I don't like my MIL. It's because she is who she is. And who she is...is not someone I would normally choose to be around. She's the kind of person that I would want to beat up when I was in my violent stage of life. SERIOUSLY beat up. But as it is....I have to just deal with the nails on the chalkboard behavior.

I'm just shaking my head and what she can do in two days to get me aggrevated. ARGH!

The only thing that relieved the tenseness in my jaw was a conversation I had with the Princess at dinner. Last night they all (the kids, my MIL, FIL, and SIL) went out for Chinese. While they waited for their food, they looked at a Chinese calendar. It turns out that I'm a sheep along with the Bear. The Hubs is a goat. The Princess is a dragon. My FIL is a dog. But get this....my SIL is a boar (you know...the thing that looks like a pig?) and my MIL is a rat. HA! Laughing I got the BIGGEST kick out of that. And that's the only reason why I'm still not steaming. A PIG and a RAT. HA!

No comments: