Monday, July 28, 2008

Ya think you know your body and then...

You hit another change in life.

When you're a kid, you worry about nothing in the world. Just playing and having fun.

Then you hit puberty. Your body goes through a ton of change. We get breasts. We get our monthly visitor. We get pimples. I actually only had to deal with simple pimples on my back. Not many on my face. But I did continue to have oily skin.

Time went on and my back pimples went away. But the pimples came back in my mid-20's. And these came back with a vengeance. On the T-zone of my face. And it wasn't the tiny little ones that were the size of a pencil-mark. Mine were the cystic-type of acne that's deep in the skin. The acne was painful to touch when new and took a much lot longer to heal because the inflammation went deep into the skin. It was horrible but I finally found a cleansing system that finally worked for me. It worked for years. Through my wedding (and we all know how stressful that period of time is). Through my pregnancy with the Princess. Through my pregnancy with the Bear. It was some good stuff.

But in April this year, I started to get acne once again. I'm in a new decade, so that might be the trigger. I was using the same facial cleanser so I couldn't believe that I was seeing the acne. I thought it might be the new lip gloss I was using, so I threw that out. I thought it was the new bottle of foundation I got, so I threw that out. As I filtered stuff out of my regime, I continued to have the acne.

As time went on, my self-esteem began to suffer. I didn't want the Hubs or the kids to see me without make-up. My confidence was waivering. I just remembered a couple weeks ago that my older sister and my BIL "Shorty" use another system. So I ordered a sample kit of the products. I've been using it since Wednesday and it seems to be working. SEEMS is the operative word. But it looks promising. I'm crossing my fingers and toes that it'll be what I need.

No comments: