Tuesday, July 29, 2008

There's the issue of listening again...

Oh my husband! How I DO love you with all my heart.

But WHY do you make me want to bang my head against the wall sometimes?

Last night when we were trying to sleep, you heard something. A sound from our backyard. Something that bothered you enough to get up and turn on the back porch light.

Hubs: What's that sound?
Me: I don't know... [dazed and confused as I was on the verge of falling asleep]

You finally got up and went into the backyard. I heard you move something. Then you came inside and we both fell asleep. This morning I had to ask...

Me: So what was that sound last night?
Hubs: It was one of the lawnchairs.

Okay people. The lawnchairs? Last week, we had a BIG storm. It was one of those really sudden and torrential downpours that only last a little while. When the storm blew threw our neighborhood, our backyard lawnchairs were moved from our back porch to the side of our house. THREE chairs moved over. So I had a discussion with the Hubs last week.

Me: What happened to the lawnchairs?
Hubs: They blew across the porch and are now on the side of the house. The side next to our bedroom.
Me: Oh? Are you going to move them back?
Hubs: Naw....
Me: You're not moving them? But what if another storm comes through? That's the side with the AC units.
Hubs: It'll be fine. They won't move.

Yeah. I asked him to move those lawnchairs last week. So since he didn't? He had to move them last night. Because those lawnchairs that he said "won't move" were rubbing up against the side of the house. Yeah...

No comments: