Wednesday, July 30, 2008

You want to meet me at...

It was meet and greet time again. Yes. It's time for students to MEET your Teacher!

Yesterday, we went to the school so that the Princess could hook up with her 3rd grade teacher, Ms.M. We already know Ms.M because she was the Princess' kindergarten teacher. Ms.M moved up to teaching 3rd grade this year. Woohoo! She's a fabulous lady with a calm, patient manner. The kids love her. Now that she's getting older, the 3rd grade should be a better fit for her. The kids have been in a classroom setting for several years and can easily adapt to the rules. With kindergarten there's a lot of "teaching the rules".

Today we went to the school so the Bear could meet his kindergarten teacher and the aide. Yes. We had to go BACK to the school. Yesterday was reserved for the older kids -- 3rd thru 8th grade. Um...yeah. So we met Ms.D and Ms.J and meandered around the 2 classrooms for kindergarten. The kindergarten class is split up into two groups and they spend half the day in one classroom and the other half of the day in the other classroom. One classroom has about letters and numbers, while the other classroom has the science and art projects.

We were able to drop off half the supplies that I purchased for the kids' classes. I'm going to bring the other stuff by the end of next week. I just don't want to show up the first day of school with bags of supplies. This is what a lot of parents end up doing. They've got nervous kids and their hands are full of stuff. It's not a pretty picture sometimes. So to alleviate the issue, I dropped things off today. One less thing to do on Monday!

The Bear had his last swim class this morning. There's two more weeks of classes, but with school starting on Mondya there is NO way we could attend. But both kids will start the next session of lessons on August 18th when they'll be going after school. I mean, it stays warm until OCTOBER and the pool is heated to 90 degrees. So why miss out on the sunny afternoons?

I was able to finish the morning outing with pre-school haircuts. The Princess just got a slight trim. She swam a bit this summer, so I wanted to be sure to have any dry ends cut away. The Bear didn't get his hair shaved off like I accidentally had them do the last time where they did a #1 blade all around his head. The gal barely touched the top this time and just buzzed the sides to blend them in. So he's back to looking clean-cut -- a babe magnet!

Hopefully the kids' backpacks and lunchboxes will be arriving today. I am thinking of ordering some containers though. Some sandwich boxes so I don't have to use plastic bags anymore. You know how sandwiches get smushed? I want to prevent that, for sure. Then the Princess sometimes likes little bits of things. Some crackers. Some raisins. Some cheese. Some chips. Some fruit. So I'm going to look into those Benzo (sp?) boxes or those Lock-n-Lock boxes or whatever I can find online (as I detest going to the mall or store and having to search). Any suggestions?

But the big day is MONDAY! I'm excited!

The END OF SUMMER VACATION is upon us!

No comments: