Saturday, July 12, 2008

More security for the girls

The Princess attended a birthday party this morning. It was a Birthday Tea Party. Very ladylike. The girls were in fancy sundresses and all wore hats.

The place had a limited number of tables, so I just dropped the Princess off. It was fine because she was able to act silly with her girlfriends without having me listening in. I wanted her to have fun without being encumbered by my presence.

So...me? I went to the mall that was a mile away from the tea house. The Mall! ME! Yes! The place that I dread. The place that I avoid at all costs. Most of the time.

But today? I went there voluntary. Why? Because I need some new bras. Yes. Bra shopping. It's something you can't just do quickly. You can't just grab items off a rack and go. You need to TRY things on. I found this out once again by grabbing things off the rack at Kohl's last week. I got things that I thought were my size. When I got home and tried on the bras? NOTHING fit. NADA. NADA! Horrific state of affairs. I need new bras for when I start working again!

Today I splurged. I went to Vic's Secret. Yes. I went there. Since it was early, the place wasn't busy. I was able to get an associate to help me out. Estimate my size. Get me all the "try-on bras". She told me that I should try single bra on in my size. She said that each bra is different so it was important to try on each one. To see how it fit on my body. To see how the bras fit my breasts. AH!!!

What did I find out? That the bras that I have? The bras that I hate? They are in the wrong size. Uh-duh! I am NOT a 36C. When I first married the Hubs, I was a 36B...a FULL B. So after the kids I thought I'd moved up to a B-cup. Uh...wrong. WRONG! I am actually....[wait for it]....a 36D. Yes. I am now a D-cup.

Since I tried on all the different bra styles, the associate actually wrote down the bras that I liked the best. I now have a card with the bras that fit my body/breasts the best. And now? I can shop online to see when THOSE styles are on sale/special. YEAH! I did end up purchasing two bras today. I couldn't pass them up. I got a convertible bra -- so I can change to T-back or strapless. I also got an enhancement bra. It just gives me a little push inwards so I've got cleavage. The look of 'younger' breasts! Lifted! Perky! Robust! Ha!

I no longer the breast bumps peaking out of the top of my bra. My breasts are now securely contained within the cups. Safe and secure. Bras that fit? It's a wonderful thing!

No comments: