Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Out and about in the sun

My interview wasn't until 2pm on Thursday, so that morning we headed out to the park.

Oh Lordy-bee! It was muggy and sunny. Thankfully, there was a cool breeze that came up intermittently.

The kids had a blast running around on the equipment. There was no tarp over the area, which they commented upon. I had to convince them that the equipment was still okay to play on. That it wasn't super burning hot. So off they went. Running. Sliding. Climbing. There were only about 3 other kids in the area. And two of them were about a year old. So my kids had a run on the place. It was all good.

The Bear loved pretending to ride a motorcycle and going down the half a dozen slides.

The Princess had such a fun time on the caterpillar ladder and on the traverse swing. She went on those over and over again.

We headed back so I could get ready for my interview. And it was a good interview. It FELT good. I was able to answer their questions. I felt comfortable. I was able to bring up my skills and how I used them in the past and how it applied to their current needs. But the thing is? It's Tuesday and I haven't heard from them. I'm bummed. I sent 'thank you' emails to each of the people I spoke with too. [sigh]

It would have been an ideal place to work. The offices were in a square building with an open middle courtyard with benches and LOADS of plants. Those who have desks facing the interior see the courtyard. Those who have desks facing the exterior of the building see the trees surrounding the building. The location was great too. It was only about 5 miles south from the community we want to live. FIVE MILES!

What's interesting is that the office location is just around the corner from the place where I first worked after college. JUST. AROUND. THE. CORNER. So, of course, I felt compelled to drive by my old office building. It looked the same from the outside. Just driving by it brought back some good memories.

Hopefully I'll be able to create some new wonderful memories. Soon we'll be making those memories near my family....

No comments: