Thursday, August 14, 2008

Ba-boom, boom, boom...

Last night when the Hubs and I decided to go to bed, we checked the weather channel. We had just heard some thunder rumbling and wanted to see if the storm was headed our way. Uh...yeah...

Supposedly the storm would have hail up to 3/4" in diameter with gusts reaching up to 60 mph. What? Where? How much?

Thankfully, I think we got the rim of the storm. But gad-zooks! We so got our share of the lightening and thunder along with a bit of rain. It was kind of humid and muggy all yesterday so for it to finally rain will hopefully bring some relief.

Anyway, trying to fall asleep with the intermittent thunder was quite a feat. But I did it. What I was anxious about was if the kids woke up due to the thunder. You know that feeling? Like you want to be fully capable of comforting their fear? But no. Neither one woke up. AT. ALL.

Me? I did end up waking up in that drowsy stupor a handful of times, but was able to fall back asleep. That didn't prevent me from waking up at 4:30am though. Yes. 4:30 in the freaking morning.I went up and checked on the kids. The Princess was snoring away. The Bear was at the edge of his bed with his legs hanging off. I rolled him back into the middle.

What're you doing here?
I'm just rolling you back in bed.

The kid fell right back to sleep in the next breath. Kids. Go figure.

And here I am at 5:36am writing an entry. Ho-hum! The Hubs should be getting out of bed soon. I'll be able to make some noise in the kitchen and get my coffee then. I don't like to muck around in the kitchen when he's sleeping. Our room is about 15 feet from the kitchen, so the noise travels. Yes. Even when the door is closed.

Anyway, what do you have planned for today? I've got work. But I do plan on making the Princess a 'hot' lunch this morning. Ravioli! She'll also be getting some spinach & shredded cheese with Italian dressing to complete her lunch. Then there's the strawberries & granola bar for her snacks. Yummy, yummy in the tummy! The Bear? He likes to just have a sandwich. He only wants the basics. Nothing fancy or complicated. By the way, the Lock-n-Locks are working fantastic. The kids don't have any problems with them.

*******************************************************

UPDATED @ 6:15am --- the storm last night definitely cooled us down. It's currently only 71 degrees. And the high today will only be 94 degrees! [doing the happy dance] Yes. That's cooler for us. When I was getting into my car in the garage yesterday at 2:30pm to pick up the kids from school, my car said it was 97 degrees. INSIDE MY CAR that was INSIDE my GARAGE! So for it to only be 94 degrees today? It's a big deal. Cooler weather might just be around the corner. Cooler. Yes. That would be a welcome relief. A high of 75? THAT would be fabulous!

No comments: