Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Forced family fun

Uh....yeah...

This Saturday is a Baby Shower. A baby shower for one of my SIL's. Not the Hubs' sister. It's the Hubs' brother's wife. A married-in gal. Someone just like me. I adore her not just because she's a married-in like me. I adore her because she's a wonderful lady.

When my BIL and my SIL got married, they told everyone they did not want a family. They've been married about 5 years now? And they are expecting a baby in October. Yes. People do change their minds sometimes about having kids.

Anyway, this Saturday is their baby shower. I RSVP'd about 4 weeks ago and put "4" down. That would be me. The Hubs. The Princess. The Bear. I thought it was a family event. I found out this weekend that it's only for the girls. That means me and the Princess. Uh, what? When the Princess found out the Bear and the Hubs would be going out to a kids' activity place (with video games and stuff), she did NOT want to go to the shower. She wants to do some fun stuff with her Daddy and her brother. [sigh] So? This leaves me alone. Alone to attend the baby shower.

Bwah-ha-ha-ha.....[crying]

So I am going to be all by myself at the shower. The only people I'll know is my BIL's wife, my MIL, and my SIL. I know that my BIL's wife is going to be surrounded by all her family and her friends. I'll only know my MIL and my SIL. If I play my cards right I can avoid them. But DANG IT! [sigh]

If my SIL starts making crude remarks about my BIL's wife, then I'm going to call her on it. My SIL always makes her opinions known. Even when she's never been the same type of situation. What am I going to be prepared for?

Wow. She really got fat!

Negative stuff about my BIL's wife and how she looks during her pregnancy. I know that my SIL and my MIL talked about how big I got during my first prenancy. I gained like 55 pounds with my first. Only about 30 with my second. But I did get big with the Princess. Why? Because I ate a lot. But it's my business. And I know that they talked about me. How? Because they talk about EVERY SINGLE family member who has been pregnant. Seriously.

So if I hear any of that on Saturday? I'm going to call my SIL on it.

When YOU become pregnant, if that ever happens, then we'll see how your body reacts to being pregnant.

When YOU become a parent, then you tell me what your opinion is on the matter.

I told the Hubs that I was going to do this if I heard his sister or his Mom say nasty things. I just can't take it anymore. Can't. So this forced bit of family fun may turn into a REALITY check for them. A sense of release for me. I can't wait now!

No comments: