Friday, August 8, 2008

Got a package in the mail

The UPS delivery guy dropped off my 1st order of Lock-n-Lock containers yesterday. The sizes are exactly what I was hoping for. I got a variety pack that has two containers in 3 different rectangular sized configurations. The two larger configurations have pull-out dividers. I’ll able to pack more variety into the kids’ lunches. I know that the Princess is looking forward to using these containers.

Do you see the divided sections in the photo? Her cold stuff and room temperature stuff can all be put into the same container. Todays lunch consists of: whole wheat crackers, sliced cheese, roast beef, mustard packet (from restaurant), nectarines, grapes, and some blue corn chips. Then, she’ll have a drinking yogurt and granola bar for her two snacks. YUM!

I’m planning on making some pasta salad this weekend, so I’ll probably include that on Monday. Then I know she likes carrots & spinach, so those will make an appearance. I’ll add a grape tomatoes into that bit in the hopes that she’ll just eat them. She’s not a fan of tomatoes, even though she adores spaghetti sauce and pizza sauce. Anyone else have a kid like this? But what I heard about this brand of containers is that they don't leak if you've got more liquidy stuff like sauces (for spaghetti) or dressing (Italian/Ranch).

Now what am I going to do about her hot lunches? I’m going to continue to use the wide-mouth thermos. This week she’s taken leftover lasagna and spaghetti/meatballs to school. I got some pre-made ravioli, so those will get tested next week. When it starts to get really cold, I’ll add some soup into the rotation. I know that she likes steamed rice with fried slices of Spam, but I’m not sure if she wants to have that for lunch. I’ll ask her. Yes. She likes Spam. People, she’s half Filipino so odds are she does.

Oh yeah? Did you happen to see the new Lock-n-Lock kids’ containers that were on QVC? It was a 4-pack of containers with a water bottle in either blue or pink. Each container has 5 sections – kind of in the shape of those much larger school lunch trays. Very cutesy, don't you think?

No comments: