Thursday, August 7, 2008

You'd think I'd be posting more...

TI mean seriously. You think I would be posting more now that both kids are in school. But NO! I've been tackling huge projects at work. Cleaning up messes that previous employees created by not following proper steps. Creating ad hoc reports for people who need to research. Changing instructions because "someone" wants steps modified. OY!

So I've been out of touch...but you're not out of my mind. I dream about the 'free' time I was supposed to have when the kids got into school. But alas, that dream has yet to come into fruition. [sigh]

And what's crazy? Is that I kind of got some pushback from the higher ups about my timesheet from last month. Do they realize how MUCH I did last month? Seriously pisses me off that they'd question it. If they want to know the details of what I did? I've got the lists of the tasks I accomplished. The accounts I added. The accounts I updated. The accounts I archived. I am doing my job. How about they focus on the other people that aren't doing theirs? I can name two that are holding me up from doing what I need to do. [sigh yet again] But I'm not a tattle-tale, so they're going to have to figure this out for themselves.

This month? I am going to be anal about keeping a summary list of the tasks I'm completing. Last night I actually created a spreadsheet. I'll be able to log in the number of hours I'm spending on each basic task. HA! They want details? They are going to get the freaking details.

But y'all? Even though I've been crazy busy, I've been able to cook up some nice dinners this week. Yummy stuff. I'm trying to make some healthier meals. I've created some nice salads too. And the Bear? He totally loves spinach with Italian dressing. The Princess loves the crunchy carrots in conjunction with the spinach. The Hubs? Not so much of a salad person, but he did pick off some leaves off my plate. Tiny steps. tiny. steps. Tonight? I've got all my meatloaf supplies ready (recipe courtesy of Mandajuice). It'll be yummy tonight and yummy tomorrow for lunch.

And how has YOUR week been? Busy? Crazy?

No comments: