Tuesday, August 26, 2008

It gave me a warm feeling inside

Today I went to pick up the kids like any other day. It was 'club' day so I got them at 4pm (versus 2:45pm). The Bear is in the "Cooking Club" and the Princess is in the "Art Club". They are both LOVING it.

I peeked in the Princess room to let her know I was there so she could wrap things up. I then headed out back to where I knew the Bear's group would be. After this group finishes "cooking", they head out to the playground and run around. The group consists of kindergarten through second graders and they LOVE to run around.

Anyway, the Bear was preoccupied, so I sat with the teacher for a few minutes. It was Ms. M -- the Princess' current 3rd grade teacher. Ms. M just moved up to the 3rd grade this year after teaching the kindergarten classes for about 4 years. So this is the second time around for the Princess with Ms. M, who is a fabulous lady. So she knows me and the Princess....and is now getting to know the Bear.

Ms. M: You know what?
Me:
What?
Ms. M:
Your kids are so....[grasping for words]
Me:
Different?
Ms. M:
No. Not that. They're so self-assured.
Me:
You think?
Ms. M:
Yes. When other kids are not listening or getting into things, your kids aren't phased by it. They just continue with what they're doing.
Me:
OH?
Ms. M:
Yes. It's refreshing. You and your husband must make them feel so secure and give them lots of encouragement at home.
Me:
We try our best.

So I got a compliment! From a teacher! But I think it's really that my kids are just good kids. They both love learning. It's them. Not me. But it was nice to hear some positive feedback on them. My little ones.

Add starShareShare with note

No comments: