Sunday, September 14, 2008

Dazed and confused

Um...that would be me.

Yesterday, Saturday morning I had my day planned out in my head. Clean the house a bit, shower, and then head on over to the Bear's friend's 5th birthday party. I cleaned. I showered. I got the Bear dressed about 30 minutes before we needed to leave. Then I took out the invitation to look at the directions.

Me: Honey? What's today's date?
Hubs:
Today? Oh, it's the 13th. Why?
Me:
Dang it all to heck-a-doodle! [yes...I did use that phrase]
Hubs:
What's wrong?
Me:
The party for O? It's TOMORROW! The 14th!
Hubs:
No way!
Me:
Bear??? Bear??? Your friend's party isn't until tomorrow...

Of course, there was pouting and stamping of feet. He was SO looking forward to the party. And I seriously thought it was on Saturday. I mean, who generally has a kid's birthday party on a Sunday? Isn't that normally a family day? So we ended up running errands with the Hubs and the Princess with pouty Bear in tow.

Today....the Bear and I did attend the party. And he had a blast!

No comments: