Monday, September 15, 2008

An unexpected morning surprise

This morning the Bear was having his standard cereal breakfast. The Princess was eating pancakes. The Hubs was washing up some dishes and I was getting the trash ready to take to the curb. Then the Bear came up to me.

Bear: Mom! Look! My tooth is even looser! [happily shaking his lower tooth]
Me:
Wow! Check it out!
Bear:
Am I doing good?
Me:
Buddy. You're doing awesome taking care of that tooth.

He stops. He looks down.

Bear: Mom! Look! [he's holding out his hand]

The Bear is holding his little tooth in his hand! He had shaken it so much that it just dropped out of his mouth! YEAH!

So I've placed the tooth in a tiny ziplock with his name and date. It's now ready for the "Tooth Fairy" tonight. He's anxious about the entire process. It's his first time! Of course, he's been quietly chatting with this sister about what to expect.

No comments: