Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I wear lipstick, should I be insulted?

I don't know about y'all but when I put lipstick on it makes me feel pretty. It makes me feel complete. I feel like my face is brighter and I'm just ready for the day.

So should Senator O's comment yesterday insult me?

"You can put lipstick on a pig. It's still a pig."

His comment might have been a mistake. A Freudian slip because Governor P had a statement at the RNC about lipstick. But still. It makes me wonder. Was his comment really a mistake? Or was it calculated?

I know when I've made a mistake and said something that I apologize. And then I let it go. I don't ignore it. I face it - even though it may be embarrassing to point out. This way the other person knows I didn't mean it.

Has anyone heard an apology?

I don't care how influential a person is. If you make a mistake, you own up to it. You're responsible for YOU and what you say. Own it. Be in charge of yourself. And if you don't want to apologize? Then don't say anything hurtful. That's something that I try to teach my kids.

Should we expect to hear an apology? Or is this firestorm of controversy on the comment continue to rage? It's just an interesting situation.

You know what? If he can make a comment like that as he's running for the Presidency? What kind of slip-ups is he going to make as he's speaking with foreign dignitaries and heads of state?

Okay .... let's get back to WHAT you're going to do for our country and how you're going to lead !!!

No comments: