Monday, October 20, 2008

Beep-beep-beep is not what you want to hear

Last night...no let me correct myself. This morning the Hubs and I woke up to a beeping sound. It was a fast-steady beep. An alarm?

Holy canolee! An alarm!

The Hubs got out of bed and walked over to the security alarm panel next to the garage door.

Hubs: Babe? What's it say?
WTF? The Hubs has 20/20 vision and HE couldn't read the panel.

I grabbed my glasses and bolted out of bed in one movement and ran over. Because the hallway was so bright I took off my glasses and placed my eyeballs two inches from the security panel.

BAT

That's what it said. BAT.

We were getting a battery warning for our security system. Can you say 4:15am? Yes. The darn thing was telling us it had a low battery at FOUR in the morning!

So I called the security people and scheduled for someone to come out and change out the battery. ARGH! Couldn't these darn systems go off when we're awake? Seriously!

No comments: