Wednesday, November 26, 2008

NaBloPoMo - Entry 26

We're heading out this morning. YES!

Driving out to see my family. I. AM. SO. EXCITED!

I so enjoy seeing my family. I love them with all my heart. But it's visits like this that make me miss them all the more. [sigh]

What's great about seeing my family is that we pick up right where we last left off. It's not like we haven't seen each other in months. We just talk like we talked yesterday. There's a level of comfort where we don't need to guard our words. You know? We don't have to consider how things are going to be interpreted. We talk about everything and anything. Even when our opinions differ. We're able to listen and HEAR what everyone else is saying. It's so nice.

What's funny is that me and my sisters always find a moment to move into an empty room and start chatting. And then others find us and join in. Suddenly my BILs and my Mom are there. And now that he's older? My oldest nephew is joining. It's kind of like he's graduated into the older group. I remember when my little sister "graduated" into the discussions. It was just like it was yesterday that she joined in. But now my nephew is finding his comfort level with us adults. It's amazing how quickly time passes.

I can't wait to get into a discussion with my sisters and everyone else tomorrow.

No comments: