Saturday, March 21, 2009

What's easy & yummy to bring for Easter brunch?

The Hubs told me today that we are going up to have brunch with his family on Easter. You ALL know much I can't stand tolerate my SIL and MIL. But those are the people I'll be hanging out with on Easter. [sigh]

I don't want to show up at my MIL's empty handed. So what's easy to make, yet YUMMY enough to bring for Easter brunch? Also, something that'll keep for the 1 1/2 hour drive.

I have no idea what my MIL will be making. So any help from you cooks out there would be SO great. I'm totally at a loss.

Oh yeah! I also have to tell that my SIL has NOT found a new job yet. She's been out of work since December. Remember when she said she'd voluntarily be on a RIF list if her company ever was going to let people go? [clearing throat] It's been 3 months now and she's got NO offers on the table. Not an inkling. The question I keep asking the Hubs is "when is your sister going to move in with your parents?" She may be out of work, but she still took the time to hitch a ride with my ILs to visit my BIL, his wife, and their baby boy last week. My SIL also somehow has the money to fly to Chicago for a two-day trip in May.

THANKS in advance for anyone who has any ideas for me!

No comments: