Thursday, April 2, 2009

Making Less = More Time Together

Now that I'm making less money than I did two years ago, I've had to make adjustments in my spending habits.

I still do take the time to indulge myself a little. I get my hair cut by a professional every 6 to 8 weeks. Not at a discount place either. I actually go to a "day spa" near my house. I love my hairdresser. I met her at one salon few years ago. She moved to her current location last year and I followed her over.

Something else that I haven't given up is fancy coffee. Every week or so, I stop by the $bucks near us and get my usual -- Venti Soy Caramel Macchiato. YUM! The people who work there are always pleasant and know my order.

I'm still able to buy the kids clothes as the seasons change. I've streamlined a bit. I don't buy them as much as I used to. I take a little more time to plan out colors to make sure that what I'm buying will be easily mixed-n-matched. And I don't buy everything at once. I take a few months now to accumulate their wardrobes for the season. I watch out for sales now where I didn't use to.

But for summer? The kids aren't going to summer camp this year. I may send them for one week, but that's such a change from summers past. The kids are going to be home. HOME! ARGH! But I did sign them up for swim lessons 2x per week. I also plan on taking them on weekly field trips to different places in and around our city. But they'll be home with me WAY more than in summers past.

So...HELP! What are some fun activities that you'd suggest for us to do at home. Any arts / crafts that we should be able to do without buying a whole bunch of stuff? Any easy / fun foods you'd suggest we make? Come on peeps, can you help a Mom out here?

No comments: