Saturday, June 13, 2009

Dropping everything for them

It's Saturday.

Next Saturday we're driving out to visit the Hubs family and take a family photo.

Why? Because my BIL and his wife and son are coming down for a weeklong visit.

About 4 months ago, my MIL had mentioned that she wanted to have the Princess and the Bear stay a few more days while my BIL & his family visited.

When my MIL lost her job about 6 weeks ago, I asked her if she wanted to have the kids visit her for Memorial weekend. Her response? She had lunch scheduled with a friend and she had physical therapy. It was a BIG. FAT. NO. response.

Fine and dandy.

But now? I haven't heard an inkling from my MIL about the kids staying at her house while my BIL and his family are visiting. Not. ONE. word.

Earlier today, the Hubs got a call from his brother. My BIL said something about taking the kids to a swim park. What is he talking about? As of now? My kids are going up with us on Saturday and coming back home with us.

Why?

Because no one has discussed with me (or even with the Hubs) what is going to happen.

According to what my BIL said to the Hubs is that my MIL is waiting to find out what my BIL is doing before she arranges anything with us. Like me and the kids don't already have stuff going on? Like we're going to drop everything to visit with them?

What do you think? Don't you think my MIL should have made arrangements with me about the kids already?

No comments: