Thursday, July 28, 2005

Making Mommy Laugh

My kidlings say the most funny things sometimes....

************************

The Bear was eating his oatmeal at the table when a truck beeped it's horn.

BEEP-BEEP!

One of those BIG trucks with a loud and low sounding horn.

Bear: "What's at?"

Me: "It's a truck buddy."

I take a gander out the breakfast nook windows in search of the beeping truck.

Me: "I don't see the truck back there."

Bear: "Uh-er sigh house."

Then he stuffs a big spoonful of oatmeal into his mouth and looks at me.

Me: "Oh! You think the truck is on the other side of the house?"

Bear: "Uh-huh!"

I couldn't believe that he figured out and told me that since we couldn't see the truck on the backside of the house that it would naturally be on the other side. WOW!

************************

It was kind of cool yesterday. Yeah. Right. Cool. The 90s in the shade of the morning, okay?

The kidlings were painting outside. Let me explain. They had paint brushes. They were painting the concrete patio with water. Endless art. Their canvas (the concrete) would refresh itself (the water would evaporate) as soon as they were finished with one slab.

We were out there maybe 45 minutes when I turn to them and see them 'painting' the Red Flyer car.

Me: "What're you two doing?"

Prin: "What does it look like Mom?"

Me: "Well, you both are busy playing together nicely..."

Prin: "Mom! We're working at the CAR WASH!"

You think I should just put a couple sponges and give them a bucket so they can REALLY wash my car?

************************

At the dinner table...

Prin: "Daddy, don't worry about it."

Prin: "It's no problem."

Prin: "Sometimes that's just how things happen."

I don't recall what she was responding to, but I did remember hearing her utter those phrases. The Hubs and I could only look at each other. He then pointed to me (which means she's MY daughter).

************************

20 minutes prior to bedtime.

Me: "Prin, do you want a snack?"

Prin: "No thank you."

I hear the Bear running out from the master bedroom.

Bear: "Nack! Nack! Nack!"

He runs to the nook table and climbs into his chair.

Hmmm...I guess he wants a snack, eh?

No comments: