Friday, July 29, 2005

Almost the start! [update]

This morning we'll be heading out to the Princess' new school.

It's "Meet the Teacher Day!"

The Princess received an invitation to the event. Her main teacher, Mrs. M, addressed it to the Princess so it made her feel special.

I've already gone to the teacher's website. I've printed out the supply list. Now I've got to go shopping!

Now a question for those of you parents who have kids in school:

1. What is most unusual item you've seen on a school supply list?
2. Are the supplies generally for the entire year? or for half?
3. Do you buy the actual brand that is listed? or do you venture to whatever is available?
4. What kind of nutritional snacks do you pack for your child(ren)?
5. For kindergarten, did you buy a regular size backpack or a "small kid" size backpack?

I've already prepped the Princess that we'll be meeting her teacher. She already knows her teacher's name. All she now has to do is meet her teacher and check out the classrooms & playground.

I'm SO excited for the Princess. I know she'll be a little nervous. But I'm sure she's also excited.

****************************

We met her main kindergarten teacher ( Mrs. M) and toured the main classroom. We checked out the computer stations. I had to fill out some paperwork, but I was able to give Mrs. M the last evaluation that the Princess received from her preschool. This way Mrs. M would know the Princess' strengths and areas of improvement without me having to SAY stuff in front of my girl. We also met the art/science teacher (Mrs. F) and toured the art/science classroom. Thankfully, we were able to meet another boy and another girl that would be in the Princess' class so she'll have a couple familiar faces for that 1st day of school.

No comments: