Friday, December 24, 2004

More cheerful send-off

Hey, I couldn't leave without putting in a more cheerful entry. The one I posted yesterday was so snarky. Phooey! I hate it when I get so nasty (but hey...it's my MIL!).

I've packed some of the kids Christmas gifts into the back of my hubby's truck. I put the festively wrapped boxes into a HUGE U-Haul moving box. So it's all under cover and safe. I took the rest of the gifts down from the top shelf of our closet while my hubs took the kiddos to the bagel shop this morning. Those gifts are currently in the hall closet. I'll be setting out those gifts next to our baby tree while my hubs straps the kids into their carseats. It'll be a nice surprise for them to see another stash of gifts in the townhome when we get home on Sunday.Remember? I told the Princess that I "emailed" Santa to let him know that we'd be up at my ILs house for Christmas Day. That way he'd be able to leave some gifts there at my ILs house and leave some here at our townhouse. Ingenious? That's what I keep trying to tell my husband! Also, this allows us more flexibility. We don't have to haul the entire stash of gifts up to my ILs and haul it all back home.

No matter how we're (or should I say "I") am received, I'll be sure to have a good time. I won't be snippety. I won't be short. I MAY be on the quiet side at times. But I'll still make sure the kids have a festive time. I'll be sure to give them loads of hugs and kisses (like always). I'll be sure to snuggle with my husband (most importantly).

I do hope you all have a very MERRY CHRISTMAS! Be gentle. Be kind. Be generous. Love those around you.

No comments: