Thursday, December 23, 2004

Signing off for a couple days

It's almost the BIG day!!!

Tomorrow morning we drive up to my ILs house. Thankfully, my hubs has the day off so we can do a leisurely morning drive. Versus an afternoon hurried drive (which would most likely meet up with TONS of traffic). Needless to say, I'll be missing from the blogworld for a couple of days.

********************************

If you're having guests sleep over at your home this weekend: Please leave some towels out (at least one per person). Please get some shampoo/conditioner/body gel/soap out for them. Please be welcoming. Bring out that high chair that you bought for the kids. Please be generous. Please be kind.

Now as for the treatment I'll be receiving tomorrow? Two towels will be left in the bathroom for the FOUR of us. No wash cloths in sight. There will be leftover shampoo & conditioner from who knows how long ago. There will be measly little used up bar of soap. I'm sure I'll be hearing some lame comments & underhanded talk.

My solution? Bring my own wash cloths. Bring my own shampoo & conditioner (for me AND for the kiddos). Bring my own shower gel. Bring extra big towels for myself & hubs. Then I'll just try to keep my mouth shut & take photos. It's safer that way.

I wonder if this lady realizes that if when she gets old that she's never going to live with us? Not after her behavior ALL these years? Now if she ever asks me why not, then I'll let her have it. I might be silent when she's being snippety & two-faced but I have a mind like an elephant. I remember all the nasty stuff that's happened. So don't take my silence as acceptance.

Can you just feel the LOVE I have for my MIL?

No comments: