Friday, September 11, 2009

A day of reflection

On this day eight years ago, I heart became so heavy as I watched the entire horrible day unfold before me. I woke up early to exercise. I turned on the TV to see the local coverage and the TV stayed on the rest of the day.

The day rocked me to my very core.

And now eight years later? I was actually crying in my car on the drive home as I listened to snippets of the voices of those who were there. Those who are no longer here.

My heart is still heavy. Remembering that day rocks me to my very core.

To those military personnel who put themselves in danger to safeguard my freedom, you have my unending appreciation and support. I honor those who have sacrificed their lives to defend our nation.

Today is a day of reflection. Today is a time to reflect on what it means to be an American. It's not a day to point fingers or make accusations. It's a day to remember those who are no longer with us. It's a day to remember how we as a nation united after that horrible day eight years ago.

No comments: